Two entries uploaded today.
In the entry for 24th September, events modelled are:
- Samuel and Elizabeth return home from Welwyn.
- On the way, they stop off at the Mother Red Cap tavern in Holloway for a drink (the name of the tavern is provided by a note on the PepysDiary.com site.
- Samuel receives a letter telling him of a naval action that Sir Edward Montague has been involved in. The action is given a subject indicator to allow reference from later diary entries.
- Samuel visits Jemima Montague.
For the 25th September, the events modelled are:
- Samuel and William Penn take a coach to Covent Garden.
- Samuel visits his cousin Thomas and discusses country business with him.
- Samuel meets Robert Slingsby in St. Martin's Lane
- Samuel and Slingsby take his coach to Whitehall.
- Samuel visits William Coventry.
- Samuel dines with John Crew.
- Samuel attends a performance of "The Merry Wives Of Windsor" at the Theatre Royal. It being Shakespeare, Sam hates it.
- Samuel goes drinking with William Penn and Sir G. More (a person not encountered before in the diary).
New and updated topic maps: