- Samuel and Elizabeth return home from Welwyn.
- On the way, they stop off at the Mother Red Cap tavern in Holloway for a drink (the name of the tavern is provided by a note on the PepysDiary.com site.
- Samuel receives a letter telling him of a naval action that Sir Edward Montague has been involved in. The action is given a subject indicator to allow reference from later diary entries.
- Samuel visits Jemima Montague.
For the 25th September, the events modelled are:
- Samuel and William Penn take a coach to Covent Garden.
- Samuel visits his cousin Thomas and discusses country business with him.
- Samuel meets Robert Slingsby in St. Martin’s Lane
- Samuel and Slingsby take his coach to Whitehall.
- Samuel visits William Coventry.
- Samuel dines with John Crew.
- Samuel attends a performance of “The Merry Wives Of Windsor” at the Theatre Royal. It being Shakespeare, Sam hates it.
- Samuel goes drinking with William Penn and Sir G. More (a person not encountered before in the diary).
New and updated topic maps:
Topic map for 24th September 1661
Topic map for 25th September 1661
Core ontology for the diary.
Culture in the diary.
Dates in the diary.
People in the diary.
Places in the diary.