I'm back; Kal and I have decided to alternate weeks of updating to lighten the load.
In today's entry, the following events are modelled:
- The birth of Catherine Montagu (on or before today).
- The engagement of Thomas Pepys (the brother) to a Miss Whately (before today).
- Samuel visits his father, and together they visit Dr Williams (but he is out), Mrs Terry (Miss Whately's sister, with whom they discuss the engagement), and William Joyce.
- They drink in a tavern with Joyce.
- They visit Mrs Whately (the mother), but she is just going out, so they go to Whitehall, where they receive the news of the birth.
- They revisit Mrs Whately and discuss the engagement.
- They return to Samuel's father's house.
- Samuel dines at the Wardrobe with the Montagu's (older) daughters.
I created an event type of engagement; this is for the whole period, the event of being engaged. The actual bended-knee occasion would be a proposal event; I haven't created this yet, as we have no details of it.
New and updated topic map files: