Four entries posted today - although all are relatively short entries.
Events for 15th December 1661 are as follows:
- Samuel attends morning service at St. Olave.
- William Penn dines with Pepys at his home.
- Samuel attends the afternoon service at St. Olave.
- Elizabeth argues with her maid, Nell.
- Samuel reads Grotius' Mare Liberum and Selden's Mare Clausum. These two texts are modelled as topics as are their respective authors.
For 16th December 1661:
- James Bollen visits Samuel Pepys at home.
- Bollen and Pepys travel by coach to the Wardrobe to call on Henry Moore.
- Bollen, Moore and Pepys travel on to Chelsea to the home of the Privy Seal, Sir John Robartes.
- Bollen, Moore, Pepys and Robartes attend to Privy Seal business.
- Elizabeth Pepys visits Elizabet Hunt (this takes place while Samuel is working).
- Samuel, Elizabeth and Sarah dine at Sir Edward Montagu's lodgings. I have assumed that "Sarah" refers to Elizabeth's maid.
- Samuel and Elizabeth attend a perfomance of 'Cutter of Coleman Street' at the Opera.
- The Pepys return home by coach.
For 17th December:
- Samuel visits Mr. Savill to view the progress on his portrait.
- Samuel is called to work at the Privy Seal (this is simply modelled as a working event).
- Samuel works at the Navy Office.
- Samuel has supper at home.
- Samuel reads more of Selden's 'Mare Clausum'.
For 18th December:
- Samuel works at the Navy office.
- Elizabeth sits for Mr. Savill.
- Samuel and Elizabeth dine with Jemima Montagu. I have assumed that the location referred to by Pepys as "Lady Sandwich's" is the Montagu's main London residence.
- Samuel and his brother Thomas visit Jane Turner.
- Samuel returns to the Montagu's.
- Samuel and Elizabeth return home.
New and updated topic maps: